Song for critque

Damn, not bad.
Sounds great to me.

I could be picky about some things like the drum fill at 1:59 being too jumbly or the cymbals being too panned out but for the typical home recording this is good.

Nothing is amazing but nothing is outstandingly bad either.

Gets a bit guitar dense toward the end, I would whittle that down to a couple key guitars personally.
Not a huge fan of the end, a delay tail would soften it a bit.

Can you post an MP3 on Lightningmp3.com or something? It's not letting me stream the file at all.

Thanks for the comments Jake! I don't have the seps for this tune
anymore but I still like to see what others hear so I can learn.

I really like the guitar playing in this.
The drums seem very airy, and very punchy at the same time. There's a little too much high-end in the mix as a whole for my taste and it makes it seem kind of brittle. However, it is a more natural mix than I'm used to hearing, so that could be a factor. I agree with Jake's comment on the cymbals being panned too far out. This is a pretty good mix anyway. Good job.

Like the modulation at the end. It's sort of Allman Brothers meets the Freddy Jones Band....in England. Nice song, the harmonies are tight. The mix is good, but if anything, it can use a little more bass. For my own personal taste, I'd prefer a more natural sounding B3, but few of us have access to the real deal or really good emulators (I'm including myself in that statement, as I'm pining for a CX3 - big time).

Cheers,

JD

BIGGS4BEATS said:
Ok, I'll tell you what I think. I think you need to go find a mirror to kiss or something. You are a self centered peice of crap. you didn't even offer a review in this thread but you come in with demands about your song? you offer nothing but make silly demands.
I think you're a dumbass.

Sorry, for the hijack, continue on like I was never here.

Thanks for the critque guys! ;)
I've got a grand total of about 3 or 4 songs that I will eventually
post here for critique. I prolly won't redo them because they are
mostly collabs, and it is hard to run all the participants down. And
alot of the seperate tracks are not accessable. But it gives me
an opportunity to step back and look at the song in the eyes/ears
of someone else (you guys) and plan my next project with new insight!
Your ears are much appreciated!!! :D

Back