Song and mixing feedback on a cyberpunky electronic song

atari_soldier

Hey what's up? As usual, I want som feedback on a new song. The style is kind of Blade Runnerisch electronic.
Any feedback is welcome (sound, structure etc) so don't be shy! I can take it :) Thanks.

Love the beating synth with the snare, reminds me of Kavinsky. These are great synths, can you tell me what you're using?

Everything sounds really well balanced, tasteful. I got nothing to pick on here I just really enjoyed it.

Love the beating synth with the snare, reminds me of Kavinsky. These are great synths, can you tell me what you're using?

Everything sounds really well balanced, tasteful. I got nothing to pick on here I just really enjoyed it.

Thanks! :D
Well there are a few different VST:s going on like Tal u-no-lx (spell check?) and Diva from U-he...check them out!

No nits jump out at me on a first listen. Nice work!

Edit: Hah! There's an irony in being told to think for myself by a computer voice!

I thought things sounded pretty good.

The buildup at the beginning was cool. The only thing with that was I found myself turning it up at the beginning to hear it, and then turning it back down as the song builds. I'd probably level that out a bit.

Other than that, I thought things sounded pretty cool.

Those bells on the left in the intro were a bit strong in those midrange frequencies that make me wince. They could come down without losing the effect. I'd say the same about the lead synths that come in about midway through your composition. The mix is lacking subtlety and detail for me. I think the root of your problem is that the main rhythm and bass synths are too loud, in turn forcing all the lead elements to be louder in order to stand out. I get the feeling everything is competing to be loud enough. In the process, you are losing the sense of space that's so important in electronic compositions. You might be able to build a more engaging soundscape if you brought the rhythm parts down, then worked from there.

Back