Sondblasterlive and Midi

Blibbers

I hooked up the midi cable from the Roland to the card and turned the local off. I get into Cubasis and when I program Midi out E400 for my Output I get nothing. When I select the midi synth I get piano crap. Is this a channel problem or a patch problem. I just want to get the tracks from my Roland to Cubase. Without setting up some time clock.

Here´s some help...
Why did you turn local off? When you do this you disable the
Sounds of your Keyboard or Expander. Playing back midi files would result in nothing. The crappy piano sound must come from your soundcard. If you don´t select specific patches you have to choose the channels related to the specific sound in multimode.

O.K. I'm with you so far on the local on. How else can I here the sounds. I thought I had to disable something so I thought off. Well I'm on and I'd like to ask you about the channel business. Does each keyboard have a different channel code. I have an Xp-80. I know drums are 10 and the rest of the channels are_________. I think I'm confusing channels with tracks. My flat-bass is track one on the XP so that would mean the channel is on_________. Thanks for the fill in the blanks earlier.

In the past every Keyboard had a specific device channel on which it could send midi data.
Nowadays every polyphonic Keyboard can send on different channels at a time.
Choose on the KB receive/send channels to omni.
Most Keyboards feature two modes:
1.single mode: one sound on one specific channel
2. multi mode: different sounds on different (user) defined channels at the same time, using so called or multis (yamaha) or performances (Roland). Using a sw studio module/driver you can choose sounds via midi in multimode without a defined multi.

Back