Sond proofing a vocal room.....

wjgypsy

well, it's really a 5'X5' bathroom that i'm trying to turn in the a vocal room. I want to have my studio set up to where i can record the vocalest, drummer and bass guitarest at once. The bass will be no problem because i can just run it direct. but the drums might leak into the vocal mic. it think that the vocal room is about 20-25' from the drums. Now, i know that the best way to sound proof a room is to build it sound proof, but i can't build so i'm going to have to work with what i got. I don't cear if it's not 100% sound proof, i just want to know how to knock the drum sound out ALOT! I was thinking about fiberglass, covered with eggshale foam? And maybe get a 2 X 4 in the middle, to make a V shape so i won't get standing waves with the other walls.

any ideas?

thanks alot.

Zeke

ZEKE SAYER said:
I was thinking about fiberglass, covered with eggshale foam?
That really won't do shit.... If you really want to soundproof, you have no choice but to basically create a sealed shell.... anything less than that is almost not worth the effort since you won't get any useful level of sound level reduction any other way!

Go to John Sayer's site and read up on sound-proofing... it's all you need to know!

Back