Sonar x2

dotonemanband

Just changing over to a new computer, and sonar x2 from x1 all at the same time. When I tried to record my guitar the metronome was out of sync when I played it back....Any suggestion on why that is happening and what adjustment to do? Thanks in Advance...

A little information on your setup might help...

What are you using for a sound card. What driver mode. How are you listening to the metronome while recording (same sound card that you are recording on or a different one)? does your interface bit mode and depth match the project bit mode and depth? Are your recording and playback master timing settings pointed to your interface?

Glen

Glen, thanks for you're reply. I'm using Cakewalk UA-25ex interface. Not sure if the bit mode and depth match, how do I check that? And how would I check my playback master timing settings to my interface? And how do I know if I'm listening to the metronome with the same sound card that I'm recording to? Kinda new to alot of this....thanks

Project bit rate and depth shows up on the control bar right below the project clock. Looks something like 44.1/24 . You will want to make sure these are the same as your interface is set to. Record something, then go to PROJECT-> AUDIO FILES and look to see that the bit depth on the recorded file matches the value shown on the control bar.

You did run the Wave Profiler didn't you?

Your playback and record master timing is set from EDIT-> PREFERENCES-> DRIVER SETTINGS. Both should point to your UA-25.

I'm assuming that you are listening with either monitors attached to the UA-25 or headphones attached to the UA-25? How are you listenng? Don't tell me that you are trying to use the PC speakers. You need all of your sound for this process to come into the computer through the UA-25 and all of it to go out through the UA-25. This helps to ensure that the clocks are in synch and latency compensation is working.

Glen, In the project box it shows 44.1 16. So I went to EDIT-DRIVER SETTINGS- and I changed the Record Timing Master to the UA-25. Both the playback and record timing master show UA-25. I also changed the Audio Driver Bit Depth from 24 to 16. I am listening to monitors/headphones from the UA-25. . It still is just a touch out of sync. I recorder again from the start and played back after these changes. Im not sure what you mean by the Wave Profiler and no I'm not sure how to run it, Could you explain pls. Thanks for you're help.

Now you have it figured, can I give you some advice, Put everything to 44.1/24, 24 bit gives you a larger dynamic range and you can record at moderate levels, somewhere around -15 dbfs. Then when exporting a track to burn on cd render down to 16 bit using pow-r3.

Back