Sonar Vs Sonar Xl

AikiPat

Quick question - I'm building my studio and I'm thinking of getting SONAR. I do mostly acoustic originals, some midi.

Is it worth the extra money to get SONAR XL?

Thanks,

Pat

You can go to:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SR/FAQ-Comparisons2.html

for a comparison. Basically, it is the full version of Tassman and a not full (I'm not sure because I have the full version of it) version of ReValver in XL. There are some additional loops and soundfonts in XL.

IMHO, loops are fun, but I prefer those I have made or purchased and was not particularly impressed by the loops included with XL. Soundfonts are not very expensive and again, preferred the ones I have made or purchased. Tassman is great, I am not sure what the light version doesn't do, but the full version is nice. If it has to do with editing the sound, that depends on you. Revalver is a great plug in if you have recorded guitars was want to tweak them... or just mangle some of your synth sounds.

Take Care

Yeah, Tassman is terrific, but is it worth spending $200 extra for? I upgraded from Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, and the difference in upgrade price was much more attractive. But I really don't use ReValver... and I agree with rjt about the sample loops and sound fonts they give you.

I know nothing of ReValver or Tassman. Never used them.
I started with PA 9, then went to Sonar, then XL. I'm really satisfied XL. I even have a cigarette when I'm finished.

Back