Sonar: Using the Tuner

Qwerty

Anybody able to get the tuner to work? I get nothing, zip, nada, zilch when I try and use it.

I have tried with the track armed, not armed, soloed, not soloed, with input monitoring on and with it off. Speaking of which, my input monitoring only seems to work on my first pair of outputs, not the second or third...

I am using an Aardvarl Direct Pro 24/96, Sonar 3.1.1 and Windows 2K with all service packs, patches and updates applied.

Any ideas?

Q.

I've used it successfully. It can be a little confusing because the tuner uses the input driver for the selected track (all tracks must be unarmed). So you could have your input set up correctly, but have another track selected and the tuner would not get the input.

But basically, you should just have to set up a track for input as you would for recording (assign input and get a reasonable input level), select that track, then launch the tuner.

Erich

Thanks Erich.

From what you say, I don't think I am doing anything wrong so I can rule out the normal "ID-10-T" error...

I'll make sure of it and go annoy Cakewalk's support.

FWIW - I got around it by using a freebie tuner tool I d/l'ed from www.kvr-vst.com

Thanks again,

Q.

Q,

I haven't messed around with it myself (got an external turner), but if you are using ASIO drivers, I think there is an option in there to allow more than one program to access these at one time... from memory the turner, although it's contained in Sonar, is an external program.. from there, it might just be a case of configuring the inputs through the ASIO panel.. this is all speculation..

Porter

Porter said:
...if you are using ASIO drivers, I think there is an option in there to allow more than one program to access these at one time...

Good theory!

Fingers trembling with excitement and anticipation, I loaded up my sound card's control panel software only to find the option was already enabled.

D'oh!

Thanks all the same.

:) Q.

Hmmm.

I tried the tuner ONCE and it didn't work for me either, but I have no clue what I did. I didn't know how to use it.

Now I use...a real tuner. For instruments I never actually play. LOL.
:p :D

Are any of you guys trying to use the tuner with Sonar set for 16 bits?

I think I remember reading somewhere that it only works at 16 bits, I could be wrong tho...

Strryder said:
Are any of you guys trying to use the tuner with Sonar set for 16 bits?

I think I remember reading somewhere that it only works at 16 bits, I could be wrong tho...

Rings bells now for me too. I certainly only tested at 24bit.

Either way that K-Tuner thing is doing the trick for me now.

Ciao,

Q.

I use it at 24bit.

The maunal says that the tuner only works with audio hardware that "supports" 16bit audio and 44.1 sample rate. So I think they mean that is the minimum hardware level supported.

Erich

Back