Sonar + SBlive Platinium + XP + drivers = ?Setup?

Mr. Ins@ne

Well, I'm a real sucker for configurations, drivers and tweaking computers. I had some previous good results recording audio with this equipment but now I installed some recent xp drivers and It got a lot worse. When I play back some tracks, they sound crispy and with some subtle noises.

So my question is: What's the best configuration and drivers to record audio with this equipment? I mean, I don't know a shit about buffers, latency, whatsoever, so if you think you know a lot about it, just check your configurations and tell me what should I have in mine. Even if I have to change bios settings, I don't mind, I want this "bitch" totally optimized for audio recordings (as it was before)

I'm using:
PIII 866 with 390Mb ram WinXP OS
Sblive Platinium 5.1
M-Audio Delta 1010

Hey, we got similiar setup here, except the Delta :)

PIII 866,
Asus CUV4X,
512MB,
XP Home Edition,
SB Live DE 5.1
(used to be Delta 66+Omni)

As for the terms (Buffer, Latency, etc...) they are well explained in the manual / help section <-- section "Mixing Latency" and "Dropouts and Other Audio Problems"

Now I have only SB Live! running, since the Delta's broken. I installed Creative's package (Latest driver) to gain AudioHQ application (adjusting soundfonts memory, etc...). But after that, I "Roll back the driver to Microsoft's" in Control Panel. It runs better than Creative's one. On Audio setting Option, I set Playback buffer 2, Latency slider to 20 msec. I don't remember the Delta setting since I don't use it anymore, though.

Hope it helps,
;)
Jaymz

What about the advanced settings?

Enable Write/ read catching

I/O Buffer Size

Playback/ Recording

Can you help me in these ones?

Back