Sonar-Reason-Rebirth integration via Rewire

pablo

I'm trying to have a way of "performing" live some electronic music I've been making in Propellerhead's Reason. I'm relatively new to Sonar 2XL or any other tracker, I used cool edit pro before but not really in deep because I lacked a good audio interfaze...
I found this option in Sonar to include Rewire devices to Sonar and I was able to include my rebirth and reason to sonar, it works GREAT, but what I need to do is stop the one song in reason when it's getting to an end and leave rebirth play some backup beat, then have a few seconds to get ready to open an play another song in rebirth, but when I try to do so, Sonar's position is not in the beggining on the song and plays the song from bar 150 or whatever, and if I try to set loop mode on in Sonar and set a loop point somewhere so it would start again from bar 1 it makes a little jump that sounds really horrible for a live performance that is meant to replace this Vinyl myth, and I bet there will be already a lot of hater of this method and stuff...

I think it's great because I get to tweak a little with an external MIDI controler the songs! which is actually "performing"!

I was thinking maybe sonar jumps a little because I lack system processing power... I noticed the system was really busy and slow, but I have a Pentium3 1 GHZ, 256 RAM, which is supposed to be a decent system... and I just got this computer like a month ago and it would be a PITTY if it didn't have the power I need, because it's a laptop and will be hard to upgrade...

that's all my questions for now.
any help is appreciated.

Back