Sonar real-time effects

you can use any of the effects in SONAR in real time......i play guitar thru SONAR and REVALVER.......my POD is in the closet.

with the right drivers for your soundcard you can play with effects using 'live input monitoring' in SONAR......you must have wdm drivers for this....with live input monitoring enabled for your sound card drivers.....right click on the fx of your track and open the plug in you want to use in real time....

ECHO

I see, I tried but the problem is there're echo everywhere whatever source it is. I followed the instruction in Sonar help file to eliminate echo (by mute the direct signal) but the echo still there.

Not really what I mean?

One other thing, this is not what I mean. Well, I want to recording the signal wet like when I record I want to apply the effects in realtime like when I use compressor, the signal that will record is the signal that already applied the compressor already, not just to hear what I sounds like.

i haven't tried to use any plug ins to record a 'wet' (processed) signal in SONAR. the nice thing about recording with plug ins in SONAR is that the signal you record is 'dry' (unprocessed) so that you can change effects setting later if you wish, or even switch to a different effect. once you have the sound you want you can apply the effects to produce a new wav file to free up your processor....perhaps you can patch the output of a track with a plug in on it to another track and record 'wet' that way..but i don't see the point in this, given that if you can do this, you can probably just record a track 'dry' while monitoring with the effect you want, and then later, apply the effect directly to the track to free up your cpu...the end result is the same as recording a 'wet' signal...

the degree of success you will have using plug ins to record will depend largely on your soundcard's drivers. so if you are having trouble, you might want to state what kind of soundcard you are using, as well as cpu type and speed, and amount of RAM

Well, the reason why I want to record 'wet' is that, for example, when I record drums, I want to use compressor or limiter at first to limit the signal and get the signal as much as possible. If I record dry it will result in too less signal and when I apply the compressor later it will introduce noise.

jelly,

If your signal is clipping the A/D converters on the way into the computer, then compressing or limiting it after it's digitized will do nothing for you...

-AlChuck

Oh, that's reasonable.. So how should I overcome that problem?
Ps. My soundcard is Sb Live! (Value)

Oh, I see. This mean that only "external" compressor unit will do the job. Because it work before the signal pass the A/D of the soundcard right?

Back