SONAR grid size question

amt7565

I am using SONAR 1.3.1.

Is there a way to make the grid size(piano roll view) the same as the note size?
For example, is it possible to make the size of a grid square the size of a 32nd note?

Currently the size of my grid is a quarter note.

Thanks.

Yes. (Yes alone is too short so I have to add at least seven more characters so the freaking system accepts my post.)

amt7565 said:
I am using SONAR 1.3.1.

Is there a way to make the grid size(piano roll view) the same as the note size?
For example, is it possible to make the size of a grid square the size of a 32nd note?

Currently the size of my grid is a quarter note.

Thanks.
Look at the tool icons shown in Piano Roll View. You will see one towards the right that look likes a piece of graph paper with a symbol on it (not the one without the symbol).

If you hold the mouse over it, a pop-up box will read Show/Hide Grid. Click on the symbol to enable the Grid, then click on the down arrow next to it to select the note length you want the grid set to. You can go as low as 64th notes.

I don't seem to find them. I can see the graph paper like box(without the symbol) which is the 'snap to grid' box. Then I have 'show hide cotroller pane', 'show hide track pane, 'all tracks' 'no tracks' and 'invert tracks'. But I don't see a clips pane or any other graphing paper type box with a symbol on it.

amt7565 said:
I don't seem to find them. I can see the graph paper like box(without the symbol) which is the 'snap to grid' box. Then I have 'show hide cotroller pane', 'show hide track pane, 'all tracks' 'no tracks' and 'invert tracks'. But I don't see a clips pane or any other graphing paper type box with a symbol on it.
I just realized you said you were using Sonar 1. Don't know for sure if that feature is available in ver. 1.

Here it is in ver 5 - third icon from the right.

Attachments

• PRV.JPG
    PRV.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 31
The feature is there, it's probably just in a different place. Dare I suggest you look in the manual? Or the online help?

I just can't seem to find them in the HELP section. I have written to SONAR seeking some assitance.
Thanks.

OK, I got confirmation from CAKEWALK stating that the grid size can't be adjusted with the old 1.3.1 version I have.

Thanks.

Back