sonar, delta, 98, drivers, static

c-funk

So I have this problem that some other people have, where my delta66 produces staticy recordings MOST of the time in Sonar under Win98, but not in other programs. Solution suggested is to revert the drivers. I did that, and voila it works. I like Sonar enough to keep the drivers at this level. Reading through what the newer driver fixes, none of it seems too important.

Now I get a warning on mixdown though that the drivers for Wav Out 1/2 are in use or do not support this audio format. Proceeding with mixdown, everything actually works fine, and I get the warning again at the end. The file produced is perfectly fine. I have output going through 3/4 actually. 1/2 is not in use by the mixdown, or as far as I can tell, by anything else. Not really a problem I guess.

Has anyone else reverted the drivers to fix this static problem, and found that it creates any other problems for you? Is there any other fix to the static problem, because that one is real bad. You can't predict whether a take will have to be thrown away, and you end up losing a lot of takes and wasting time.

And by "reverting" you mean "go back to older drivers" or are you just rising the latency?

If you do the first one, then you might try to rise the latency. Err... ;)

Yes, going back to an older version of the driver is what I'm talking about. I know I've read of other people on this board having this problem. Did anybody solve it in any other way?

Back