sonar control surface issue

ravyr

Hey all, I'm using a radium 49 midi keyboard which has 16 sliders/knobs. i'm trying to use them as a generic control surface for automation in sonar.

Let's say I arm a track for automation, and I'm trying to use a knob for changing the volume. I start recording the automation, and here's the issue. Sonar refuses to recognize me changing the volume with this knob until i first turn it all the way to 127 (all the way to the right) or unless it's set to 127 to begin with. is there a way to change/fix this? i want to be able to change the volume with the knob in either direction as soon as i hit record automation.

thanks guys... go easy on me, i'm new to this.

brian

go easy on me, i'm new to this.

Idiot!

:D

Just kiddin'...don't pay attention to me....I'm here for entertainment purposes... ;)

Btw, on your question: in HS2002 I sometimes get the feeling the 'record automation' feature isn't fully awake after I turned it on either. I found out that explicitly clicking on the 'Touch' pulldown menu (a pulldown menu with only one option, these guys at Cakewalk are friggin' weird) 'wakes' it up. Try it...

OK be easy on me Its new to me too....
We all sound like a load of virgins on a night out!

Have you tried training your knobs/sliders before automation?

(Its all beginning to sound like Carry on up the homerecording)

lol, i'm not a virgin- i'm just not very good at it. try not to take that out of context...

anyway, the "touch" thing may help some, gonna play with it some more and see. and yea i tried training them before automation, it just doesnt like to see 'em after i hit record automation.

You have set up the Cakewalk Generic Control Surface plugin correctly in Sonar?

Ahhh... last time I didn't read your post fully. You need to turn the fader to max before it reacts, right?

I need to turn the knob up to the level it's on, and after that it will follow the fader movements I do. I've tried this with more than one Control Surface and they all react like that.

Back