Sonar conking out after importing .wav's previously exported from Fruity Loops

Khompewtur

*Retired*
Between new software on almost all fronts, im chock full of headaches. Can anyone help me sort out the following two questions?

Sonar 2.2
Fruity Loops pro 4.10

PART 1.

I finally managed to sequence a song in Fruity Loops Pro. I solo'd all the fruity loops channels and exported each channel individually into .wav files at the same sample rate of my Sonar project.

Then i go into Sonar, open my project and begin importing the .wav's into new Sonar tracks. At this point I would have about 4 tracks of stereo drums and one track of instrumentation. Each clip is like 5 minutes long and Sonar takes longer and longer each time to load the clip and process, etc.. until when i'm adding the 4th clip it just crashes completely.

This makes no sense because I've been using long clips over dozens of tracks before this point so I know it can't be that it's unable to process a handful of 5 minute clips.

Does Fruity Loops do something strange to the .wav files when it exports them? As in making them incompatible or needing massaging in some way before import into Sonar?

PART 2

Is there an easier way to export the audio from FL and import the audio in Sonar?

The Sonar manual seems to suggest (pg 362) that you can capture the output from a DXi synth to a new track in Sonar. I followed the instructions for this several times and was never able to make it work.

I tried Bounce To Track and the tracks either got a popup saying "No Audio to Record!" or a sample of silence.

Any thoughts appreciated.

If Fruityloops is a Dxi it should show up in the effects box pull down option menu.
If you insert FL into Sonar using the synth rack,Sonar will automatically assign tracks to the outputs of FL.Then it's just a matter of arming them.
It sounds like a routing/assignment problem to me.I'm not familiar with FL at all.:rolleyes:

Actually there was a problem with the .WAV files being exported.

But after many trial and errors i tried to use the multi DXi synth method you suggested acid and finally got it.

Man, Cakewalk and FL shoud kiss and make up and put out a little guide on how to do that though, because it was a real pain to figure out (existing documentation still leaves a ton for you to figure out)

Back