sonar and roland vsc dxi

Matter of Fakt

sup all...jus wonderin if anyone can let me know why when i set a patch to say a bass instrument in sonar, output it to the vsc, it'll play the loop once and when it starts over it automatically switches to a different sound...i didnt record any program changes or anything...any help is appreciated...

Did you copy your sample, paste it, then when you were done assign the patch to use? If so, delete everything except the first measure, assign the instrument/patch, then copy and paste to however long you want it to play.

Are you running VSC in GM or GS mode?

Do you have your bank and patch fields set up right on the MIDI track triggering the VSC so that you see the correct names?

I have found that if you select/change patches in the VSC window, your selection does not stick once you re-play your sequence from the start.

Make a preset in your vsc with all your settings and load it when you go into your project.It will save whatever instruments you have assigned.

i'm running it in GS mode...can't stand them general midi sounds...anyways, yea brz i was selecting the patch in the VSC panel...i think thats what my problem was...also i found it would only do this when i have loop enabled...when i would play the song thru it would be fine and it didnt change the patch by itself...

jus learnin the ropes in this sonar...i took a MIDI class at the local college and we used the roland VSC 88 but with cubase, and that was on a mac...cakewalk seems pretty user freindly though...thanks for the help yall...

i'll post this here instead of makin a new topic...

is there a way i can convert all the midi tracks to audio tracks using the patches i want from the vsc panel? not likle a mixdown of all the tracks but seprate...thanks

Back