Sonar and Mbox 2 Problem

dmckissic

I recently upgraded to sonar 8 just before buying an Mbox 2 which came with Pro Tools software. I have been using PT for about a month now just wanting to learn the program, and have a pretty good handle on it now, so Im now turning back to my sonar to see which work flow I like best. But now sonar with the Mbox interface is giving me all kinds of problems I never had using my computer audio card. I have to use this thing I paid almost 250$ for the upgrade, and have been an loyal sonar user for about a year now.
first of all using sonar with the Mbox, I was having latency problems, but after reading manual and setting buffer settings I have "almost" overcame that.
But my main problem now is that when I set my track up to record It only shows me the audio input line1, and the spdif inputs. The Mbox also has a line 2 input that sonar is not picking up. I would really like to have it so I dont have to keep switching inputs for my guitars, keyboards and mics.
The manual says that in the options-audio-general tab there should be a wave profiler option which checks you sound card (or audio interface), but checking all 3 tabs in the audio options it is not there. I remember it being in sonar 7 but cant find it here? Can anyone help me?
BTW here is what Im using
AMD dual core 2.0
4 gig ram
2x 360 gig sata HDs and 1 ext HD
Mbox 2 audio interface
KRK rokit 6 monitors
also creative XFI sound card, (only using for checking finished mix now)
instruments:
Fender std tele
Ibanez artcore hollow body
Ovation celebrity acoustic electric
Martin Sigma acoustic electric
Epiphone thunderbird bass
Yamaha 625 keyboard
Pearl drum set (have to keep at my church no room here).
couple of MXL condenser mics
sure sm58 and sm57

Have you tried deleting the aud.ini file?

You didn't mention if you've upgraded to 8.31 or not, but it might be another option as well...

Yeah I have downloaded the 8.31. After posting this last night I found my latency prob, I had the record timing master set to spdif and not line 1, with the playback master. Got that fixed.
Ill try deleting the aud.ini file. That should make the wave profiler run again right? Is it located in the sonar install folder in program files?
THanks for the help:)

Back