Sonar + Aardvark Pro LX6 + WDM??

heinz

Greetings,

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Aardvark people have WDM drivers available for Win98SE yet?

Their website isn't quite clear on this point... I'd call 'em but it's the weekend. Just got my Sonar upgrade.

Thanks and HEY this is my first post to this forum, very cool place and extremely helpful.

heinz

wdm drivers

Recent letter from aardvark tech support to me said that it would probably be september! WDM drivers are supposed to support W98, WP2000, and WXP. Same driver for all. Why not email them alot and let them know this is a priority!

aardvark

Thanks for the reply. I finally spoke with aardvark today via phone and they confirmed no WDM drivers yet, no beta yet, and don't ask. :) He sounded a bit harried about it but assured me they were cranking on them. Must be a b*tch to write WDM drivers as I can't imagine a team working months on a driver. ;)

I remember years ago trying to get NT drivers for turtle beach and other pc audio cards. I remember paying $75 to a firm for Monterey drivers for NT!!! Those were the days.

aardvark will have WDM .....WDM is relatively new for audio workstations...ASIO has been the standard up until SONAR....aardvark has good ASIO drivers, and i expect the WDM drivers to be very good....the day the WDM come out, i'll get my direct pro out of the closet and test them...i believe M-AUDIO is working on improving their WDM for the DELTA series.

Hi everyone,

I'm currently doing a review of the LX6 for my DigiFreq newsletter (see below), and my contact at Aardvark has told me that WDM drivers should be available in September.

Best,
Scott

--
Scott R. Garrigus - Author of the Cakewalk Power!, Sound Forge Power!, and SONAR Power! books, and Publisher of the DigiFreq music technology newsletter. Learn about cool tips and techniques for your music software by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... go to:
http://www.garrigus.com/

Back