Sonar 9 LE or Nuendo?

TooHotRecords

Hey guys, i've been usuing Cakewalk Sonar for a while now and im happy with it. Only thing i dont like is that it has a maximum of about 35 tracks and a certain amount of effects on tracks in the total project. Does Nuendo have this? Im fairly good at picking up programs and how they work. I'm open Any other suggestions also. If it means anything. I use a Rode NT1-a mike, Roland UA-25 EX audio interface and Tube MP pre amp. I also make Hip-Hop, Rap music. Any advice is appreciated! :)

I'm guessing Sonar came packaged with your interface and Nuendo would be stolen warez. Don't steal software, just use Sonar.

I'm also guessing you'll be using pre-arranged beats and voicing over them. Which means you don't need more than a few tracks and the 35 track limit would not be an issue for you. Even if you're recording your own music, I don't think 35 tracks is limiting.

Also, doing just vox, you don't need a lot of processing, plugs or effects. I don't think Sonar LE would be limiting you in any way. Stay legit and enjoy.

Cool.

I'm guessing Nuendo would be stolen warez. Don't steal software, just use Sonar.

Even if you're recording your own music, I don't think 35 tracks is limiting.

Also, doing just vox, you don't need a lot of processing, plugs or effects.

Cool.

I wouldnt be cracking or getting torrents if i get Nuendo, last time i did that my computer didnt turn back on. I do lots of takes in some of my songs, like say in a verse where i rap really fast, ill do say 3 takes every 4-8 bars if you know what i mean. I like having the seperates track so if the vocals are slightly louder in one section i can lower them down or make them higher and play around with it. Then back ups of those verses. Also in my choruses i do lots of stacking, one centered, one left and one right, just to thicken it up especially. Ive been faced many times with the whole error of not being able to add any more tracks or effects. Overall i am happy with Sonar, just some things like that get to me, i'd like to freely be able to add as many tracks and effects as i please.

Cool. Maybe you could just upgrade to Sonar X. Would be cheaper(?) than buying Nuendo. Nuendo is pretty expensive.

Nuendo is awesome - probably one of the best multitrack recording programs I've ever used... but yeah, it's crazy expensive. More power to you if you have the $$$$ for it!
Regarding high track count: there's tons of programs out there now that can do way over 32 tracks. You don't need something as high-end as Nuendo. Check out Cubase, has many of the same features as Nuendo, plus more production oriented stuff, and doesn't cost $1200.

Nuendo is awesome - probably one of the best multitrack recording programs I've ever used... but yeah, it's crazy expensive. More power to you if you have the $$$$ for it!
Regarding high track count: there's tons of programs out there now that can do way over 32 tracks. You don't need something as high-end as Nuendo. Check out Cubase, has many of the same features as Nuendo, plus more production oriented stuff, and doesn't cost $1200.

Okay i'll have a look, im sure a close friend has a copy of Nuendo anyway. So if it does what i want i suppose i can do that.

Before you go spending any money at all, try R.E.A.P.E.R. It is a fully functional 30 day trial after that it is only 60 bucks for a home license. I also comes with a ton of plugins. I used R.E.A.P.E.R. for a long time but switched to Pro Tools and Logic because that what we use in school. Here is the link to the Cockos website. REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits

Or since you're doing the hip-hop thing download a trial version of FL Studio 10 Fruity Edition (up to 99 tracks) unless you're a diehard Roland fan. $99 most places if you buy it.

hey i would stick with sonar if you know it. Upgrade it to the new one and upgrade to the producer as its got unlimited tracks. Also if you wanted to get away from sonar i would recommend cubase not nuendo as they are almost the same daw and you will get all you need from cubase for about £500

Back