Sonar 8 begins shipping October 2nd

How did you just get 6? Dealers have had only 7 for over a year now. And the Cakewalk store as well, and not offering 6.

Yeah Sonar 7 was like something from the 60's or something. Crazy technology, with it's big lights and lumbering frame. I'm already drooling over leaked screenshots of Sonar 15 which I think hits the market in a couple of days.

I love you Cakewalk

I just can't believe we've got to go through two or three more versions before they come up with another cool name, and maybe a Mac platform.

fyi- Ive been running Sonar8 for a few days now and it really does perform better than 7. Opening is faster, screens redraw faster, projects open faster, less CPU load. A few of the new plugins act a little buggy. But Channeltools is a fantastic plugin. Really brings Sonar up a notch. It looks identical to 7, so no visual changes. A few menu rearrangements and added tools (pause button... finally).

Sonar 12345678

Yeh - started out with 3, bought 5 upgrade and shortly thereafter 6.
Cost me very little because I always buy the version that has just been superseded on closeout.

Not sure I am going to bother with going to 7 from 6 though - I`ll wait till 8 is on closeout, assuming I haven`t jumped ship to Reaper completely by then.

Had a session up running the Cakewalk GM synth, Battery 3 B4 Mk2 and a couple of plugins.
CPU hit was enormous considering the file was all midi at that stage.

Same thing in Reaper ran a lot less cpu time for some reason.

More of a pain to set up at the present though.

yeah its a pain with all these pluggins..memory managment,having to go through the lot of em to find the best,dump the rest..
if its not already been started we should have a thread dedicated to the best .vst`s e.t.c (for cakewalk) :cool:
flipping good site !!!

(im new and not browsed all forums yet)

I've got it.

I'd hold off until 8.1 is issued.

It's got a couple odd quirks to it ... and needs some bug work done.

Nothing terrible ... but I like my recording medium rock solid.

The new stuff included is VERY cool though ...

Kev-

Back