Sonar 7 pe with vista dragging?

ripingitar

OK ive been using this setup with a m-audio fast track pro for about a year now.. its worked perfect no matter what or how many tracks I throw at it. I have a vista amd dual core pc with 4g ram.. I use audio and midi tracks and ez drummer like I always have.. problem is I can play or record about a min into a given song and it starts dragging.. whether I have 50 tracks or 4 .. the processor gauge NEVER spikes or changes when this happens??? so ive been having to record in small parts which sucks. ive updated and downgraded drivers, Ive tried asio and wdm drivers, ive adjusted latency, ive deleted the AUD.INI file like the cakewalk website said.. along with every thing else the help file suggested!!! Ive even enabled my hard drive settings for maximum performance.. funny thing is when I play an older project that I recorded before any of this started it works much better?

HELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Performance

I've had similar problems and contacted one of the high rep pros via personal email through this site and received a lot of useful info. You might want to try doing this

The last time I had this problem I just defragged the hard drive and everything worked fine after that.

Back