Sonar 7 Effects question

sakeeone

Hello!

Could you please advise if there is a possibility to use low freq/high freq filter effect on MIDI Track in Sonar? I'm thinking about the affect which applies the filter to specified time frame on track and modulates from (e.g) from low freqs to the high ones. I am also wandering if similar effects concerning pan, reverb, delay, etc can be found in Sonar 7 PE.
I'd really appreciate your help.
Thank you in advance!

I don't think so - I think you need to output it to an audio track then apply the filter. Midi isn't wave form so it wouldn't understand it.

Thanks for claryfing this. Could you then let me know if there are some effects like mentioned in my previous post which I could apply to an audio track? I'm really lookin for one that could modulate between high and low freqs in the specified time frame.

Automation- (envelopes) you could put them on about any effect parameter, but (I'm guessing- not much into midi here- there are modulation apps you're looking for out there.

Thanks for claryfing this. Could you then let me know if there are some effects like mentioned in my previous post which I could apply to an audio track? I'm really lookin for one that could modulate between high and low freqs in the specified time frame.

Do you mean the modulations vary in frequency, like a Leslie going from slow to fast; or do you mean something like a Moog filter and you want to modulate the frequency cutoff over the length of a measure or multiple measures and back again???

As I am new to this (so I really appreciate all responses), it would be the best to show what I mean. Here's the link to the video:

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=EC9rcek3OSk&feature=fvw]YouTube - FL STUDIO TUTORIAL: Drum & Bass Tricks & Tips

I know that it's related to FL studio, however, please go to 4:57. The video author is adding the effect that I'm looking for in Sonar.

Thank you for all your help!

Do you mean the modulations vary in frequency, like a Leslie going from slow to fast; or do you mean something like a Moog filter and you want to modulate the frequency cutoff over the length of a measure or multiple measures and back again???

I'd like to use the effect which you described as a Moog filter. I'd like to receive the sound (instrument track) which for example lasts 10 seconds. At 1-3 seconds has a lot of bass but it's modulating step by step so it tweets at 9-10 seconds. I wish to apply such effect to bass synth instrument. It's pretty common in D'n'B music. I have posted the link for better understanding.

Also, I would like to know if Sonar provides panning effects so you can hear as the sound is floating around you.

Generally, I'm interested in effects which can change (I'd like to use "modulate" again) the sound of instrument in time....

Guys, please help me, because I cannot even sleep trying to search for that stuff.

Thanks for all your support

Back