Sonar 6 has...

vicevursa

just arrived. I'm getting ready to install it and will let you all know. One thing that is immediately noticeable is the thickness of the manual. Sonar 3 644 pages, Sonar 5 608 pages and Sonar 6 a meager 258 pages! They only included 3 chapters 1) Introduction 2) Tutorials 3) New Features... Okay, I'm sure you are all enriched having read that, I shall return promptly after install!

Vice

Damn it!

I'm a self admitted software slut and someone out there got it before me :(

I thought the upgrade to version 5 was spendy, it's entirely possible I've been broken of my software fettish. You've got to roll some bones to get that last one.

I'm on the fence. Tell me it's to die for, tell me it's the honey in my tea.

Got mine yesterday.

Happy with -

Vintage 64
VST Adapter - much better with customizable menus
Session Drummer - the best new feature of the bunch, could retire my DKHS sets.
Very stable under heavy loads.

Not so happy with -
Audio snap, ho hum
Moving the editing tools to the top of the menu area
Colors - Default colors are very weird non pro looking
ACT - not bad but I could figure this out before without ACT, not all that impressive.

Still exploring...

mixsit said:
Is yours from the "Fulfilment Center"...WTF? :p
:rolleyes: Yes the Fulfilment Center... I'm still mucking around with it... I'm stuck on ACT :p I have loaded up most of all my stuff from S3PE and it plays as it should, so I am Fulfilled thus far. I am going to do some recording this weekend just to see what it can do...

WOW I just got mine yesterday.

The Audio Snap-in is kinda cool. Really make my music sounds snappy.
I tried recording "Smooth By Carlos Santana" just to try the Audio Snapin. I record only the Drum Part and bass part. After applying, men it was like something is punching in my ears when the bass and the kick work together.

Benison

I heard that the toolbar is very spacey at the top.. and also Cakewalk is selling the manual seperate which is crap.. you only get a little quick start guide and the PDF manual.. but if you want a quick reference manual then you got to purchase it.. oh well I still want it :D

900pg manual, man this is huge.. estimated price is $110 -220 so far.. it's more than the upgrade..

Back