Sonar 4

Ctrl_Alt_Dlt

HEY! total newbie here! Would appreciate all the guidance from you all.

I got Sonar 4 from a local. Its been awesome and easy to use. When I first started recording, it was all good! No latency and no problems. After recording 9 songs being all full band without vocals yet, the cpu% on the bottom says its at 42% and now when I am done recording a track, it takes 30 secs-1min to load up to listen to and to even see the file appear on the scn. Whats wrong here? Is it space on my computer?

Also...if I was to add SONAR 6 to my computer, would that mess anything up with my current recordings on SONAR 4? I really really want to add SONAR 6 or 7 or 8 on my computer but am hesistant in that it may mess up my SONAR 4 trackings I have done. Just dont want to re-record 9 full band songs.

Thanks all!

I use Sonar (have for many years) and whenever I have a file that puts my cpu at 40% or higher, it can take 30-45 seconds to open. Mine takes time to save also, if i go in to make a change.

As far as upgrading, you won't lose your files. In fact, Sonar 4 will still be on your system, along with the new one, unless you remove it. I currently have Sonar 2, 5 and 8.5 installed, and can use any of them.

and now when I am done recording a track, it takes 30 secs-1min to load up to listen to and to even see the file appear on the scn.

Maybe you need to defrag your hard drive. Or, did you recently add new software to your computer? You could have a resource hog running in the background.

Back