Sonar 4 Studio questions

Skycries57

When I lay down my drum tracks first from my drum machine, then turn around and add a guitar track, then try to playback just the guitar track by itself in "solo" mode, I still hear the drum track in the back ground? I don't understand whats going on?

When I was using 2.2XL Sonar I didn't have this problem.

Thanks for your help guys!

I have the Following:

Athlon XP 1.8, 512ram, 90gigs, Audiophile 2496, Mackie VLZ 8 track mixer, Boss 770 drummachine, Sure sm57....

Last edited:
Skycries57 said:
When I lay down my drum tracks first from my drum machine, then turn around and add a guitar track, then try to playback just the guitar track by itself in "solo" mode, I still hear the drum track in the back ground? I don't understand whats going on?

When I was using 2.2XL Sonar I didn't have this problem.

Thanks for your help guys!

I have the Following:

Athlon XP 1.8, 512ram, 90gigs, Audiophile 2496, Mackie VLZ 8 track mixer, Boss 770 drummachine, Sure sm57....

Only thing I can think of is it's actually on the track. Did you record the guitar with headphones and forget to turn you monitors/speakers off?

You could also try muting the drums instead of soloing the guitar to see if its some software glitch.

??

Last edited:
Since Sonar 3, pressing the track mute button or enabling Solo on another track had no affect on pre-fader aux sends. If you want the track to mute completely, make your sends post-fader.

Still having problems. Here it is in detail:

When I record drums in track 1, then turn around and record guitar on track 2 "while" track 1 plays in back ground. Then upon play back of both tracks while track 2 is in "solo" mode, I can hear the drums lightly in background of track 2??? It also creates a "stereo effect"

I did a test with only head phones on and monitors off. My question is why does track 2 record faint sounds of track 1 upon recording onto track 2???

I went from 2.2XL to 4 studio, so i'm not familiar with 3. Please help, its driving me crazy not being able to hear solo recordings without hearing faint background tracks!

Thankyou!

if you're using a consumer soundcard, it is possible that you have the playback being routed so that it is recorded in addition to the mic/line inputs. try opening up volume control and snooping around there.

Check out your sound menu and mute your Mic channel. Im betting that your mointor has a built in mic or your mic is on and is picking up the drums when you record the guitar track.

Had the same problem yesterday...LOL> I was doing some recording with my BIL and kept having the exact same problme. We worked it and worked it. About 90 minutes into trying to figure out what was wrong Matt says "Do ya think that little mic in the monitor is picking it up??"

I could of killed...LOL.

Hope this works for ya!

-J

F15-Loader said:
Check out your sound menu and mute your Mic channel. Im betting that your mointor has a built in mic or your mic is on and is picking up the drums when you record the guitar track.

"Do ya think that little mic in the monitor is picking it up??"

Sorry I don't know what you mean by "mic in monitor" ? I have a 2496 Audiophile soundcard. I'm using a drum machine. I record straight into mackie mixing board. Where is the sound menu and mic channel?

Sorry for all the newb questions. Thanks again!

Peter <><

Back