Sonar 3 problem

dwdruman

hey guys and gals

I just finished recording one of my bands songs last night. I came back this morning and it will not play back for me, its most likely somethign really easy that im just over looking, but i can not figure it out! any help is good help

thanks
druman

When you hit "play" does it "roll" but no sound? Do the meters show that the software is producing sound?

Do you have a track soloed that has no sound on it?

Maybe you could describe the problem in more detail.

have you 'hidden' a soloed track?

not that I would ever be so silly as to do that mind you. I'm just asking. and I especially have never done that and then copied each track from one project to another because I thought some bug had gotten into my file.

i hit play and then it jumps right to stop no hidden anything just recorded it opened it and this happened, with 2 songs now so its not that song

did you check your auido settings? is onboard sound card disables if useing external type(motu). you have heard it play before you closed out session right? What are buffer settings at? Jim

yea thats what it is, but now i can't get it back as a sound card, it see's its there, it just won't let me use it

crosstudio said:
have you 'hidden' a soloed track?

not that I would ever be so silly as to do that mind you. I'm just asking. and I especially have never done that and then copied each track from one project to another because I thought some bug had gotten into my file.

Of course not!

LOL!!!

:eek:

dwdruman said:
yea thats what it is, but now i can't get it back as a sound card, it see's its there, it just won't let me use it

Have you tried re-starting the computer and making sure that the external soundcard is turned on before the computer boots up?

I've got an 828mkII and it needs to be plugged in and turned on before booting up the computer as far as I can tell.

yepp

:eek:
dwdruman said:
i hit play and then it jumps right to stop no hidden anything just recorded it opened it and this happened, with 2 songs now so its not that song

I saw something like this with two soundcard outputs. Sonar 3 stopped working with two Gina 24/96's unless the project was 44.1Khz. So I had to make a template of the song delete the audio and start a new song at 44.1 and copy the audio back in (the conversion from 48 to 44.1 was automatic)

That fixed it.

BB

WOO!! after 3 hours of messing around with it restarting and what not, sonar wasn't sharing it with other programs, so in return sonar blew chunks at me till i found that lil' box and made it share the sound card, now it works fine, thanks for the help anyway guys, the tip's will help in the future :)

Back