SONAR 3 Cant find any audio devices

dctoms

I was switching sample rate and bit depth to match wavs someone had given me and sonar crashed. I'm using a tascam us-122 and sonar 3.1

On restart, sonar crashed immeadiately. I uplugged the us-122 and sonar started, but could not find the onboard audio device. I tried switching the sample rate and bit depth back to their original settings, but sonar says that are incompatable with some drivers. I go to the driver selection window and there are no drivers listed?!! I think sonar has an expected sample rate/bit depth/audio device configuration in an .ini file, but don't know how to fix.

Tried several reboots to no avail. Am I looking at a reinstall? Will sonar leave existing projects alone during reinstall?

You can try deleting the aud.ini file (or simply renaming it to something like aud.bak). Sonar will recreate it upon restarting, but any configuration changes you have made in it will be lost.

If Sonar is otherwise behaving OK, you probably don't need a complete reinstall; however, doing so will not affect existing projects.

Back