Sonar 3.0 audio editor?

When I do things like join two files, want to cut out small portions etc. I just find it easier in a wav editor. There are also the elements mentioned like DC offset. As was stated... just a matter of comfort.

Of the three mentioned above, CEP (now Audition or something) Sound Forge and Wave Lab. I think Wave Lab is the most power and opens files very quickly. I found Sound Forge the most intuitive. It remains to be seen how CEP and SF will survive their respective company buy outs.

Take Care

Are you guys using sonar 3 producer or studio?
Can all the things you say you do, with a wave editor, be done in sonar 3 producer? Or, are you saying that it's just easier, with a wave editor?

Flash said:
Are you guys using sonar 3 producer or studio?
Can all the things you say you do, with a wave editor, be done in sonar 3 producer? Or, are you saying that it's just easier, with a wave editor?
You can not do all these things in Sonar - e.g., detect and remove DC offset, or remove glirches from a wave. Then there is ALSO the convenience factor. However, it's up to you to decide how important these things are versus how much you want to invest in software.

I use Wavelab - but mostly I use it for mastering. The fact that it also functions as a pretty good wave editor is just a bonus for me. I doubt I would have invested $400 just for a wave editor.

mishappen said:
FYI
You can get SF7 , CD Architect 5, and Noise Reduction 2, for $159. USD at:
http://www.academicsuperstore.com/index.html?

A kindergartner can purchase from this place.

dana
Man, they got some pretty decent prices on that site. Wavelab for $280. Cakewalk Home Studio for $55. Kontakt for $199 (I think I paid $179 for Kompakt which they have for $99).

Now all I need to do is start dating a college student. :D

dachay2tnr said:
You don't have the money for that... :D

And if you had the money, you could afford the full price anyway... :D

SONAR 3 can sequence MIDI???

Then what the heck am I doing with this -ten years old- Cakewalk Pro 3 here? :D :D :D :D :D

moskus said:
I've been wondering about that for over a year now... ;) :D

I've been hipnotized by black dot in a square measures for years...

Quoted from wifey:
"I thought you purchased new -hundred dollaz you can put my picture on the background- music application, honey... why do you still run that same old pogram I saw for years?"

:D :D :D

MISHAPPEN, I wish I could get those prices but..... Not eligible.

O.K. now I'm real confused. I'm running Sonar 1.3.1 with no problems. After Christmas I was thinking about upgrading to 3.0. Now I'm wondering if I should just invest in Wavelab instead?
I've heard the console view is much better in 3.0 and the use of dual monitors and extra drivers and a few other things but, I'm still running windows 98. Would I be better off upgrading my computer system. P3 800 with 512 mem win98 to maybe a P4 running XP pro?

Flash said:
Would I be better off upgrading my computer system. P3 800 with 512 mem win98 to maybe a P4 running XP pro?
Well, you can't run Sonar 3 on that system, it's below the minimum specs I believe.

Therefore your choice has just been narrowed down to Wavelab or upgrading your system. :)

dachay2tnr said:
Man, they got some pretty decent prices on that site. Wavelab for $280. Cakewalk Home Studio for $55. Kontakt for $199 (I think I paid $179 for Kompakt which they have for $99).

If you look closely at the requirements it says that k-12 teacher and students are eligible for these prices so if you have kids in school or know someone who does you can get these prices.

They are incredibly LOW!

dana

Sound Forge..

I have been using Sound Forge from 5.0-7.0. The Limited edition was bundled with Acid Pro (which I dont use anymore). I also used Cool Edit but I like Sound Forge....

mishappen said:
If you look closely at the requirements it says that k-12 teacher and students are eligible for these prices so if you have kids in school or know someone who does you can get these prices.

They are incredibly LOW!

dana
Well, sure, I could use my kids. . . but dating a college student sounded like a lot more fun. :D

Back