sonar 2 picture cache question

spacedye

Vest
hello there...
does anyone have this same problem?
why does it take so loooong for the picture files to load in the project im opening?

im running Win XP, 2.2Ghz, 80Gb & 60Gb 7200rpm western digital HD's, 512 Mb ram, GForce II 16Mb video card with the latest drivers.
sometimes when i load the project im working on, the picture/audio files load, but without the WAV file printed into them.
is there some sort of setting i can change to resolve this? i have sonar running on the 60Gb HD and the WAV's go onto the 80Gb.
Sonar is aggravating me!!!

Find the file "aud.ini" on your hard drive (it should be in your Sonar directory). Open it in any word processing program (e.g., notepad). Look for the line that says PicCacheMB=20.

20 megs is the default size for the picture cache. Change the 20 to a higher number, say 50 or 100 depending on how much extra disk space you have available. Then resave the file.

Reopen Sonar. Make sure that the Picture Cache is located on the hard drive opposite where your wave files are stored. If your wave files are on D: then put the picture cache on C:

You do this through Options > Global > Audio Data > Picture Folder.

That should do it for you.

THANKS!!!
I think that cured the problem. i noticed as soon as i opened the file that the pictures appeared ALOT quicker than they did before. I guess the other problem is the fact that the file im working on has a total length of 39:05. the band had to record a "rock opera" and didnt want to do it in seperate files so now im stuck....
lesson learned-
if you know how its supposed to be done, dont let someone else make you do it a different way.

once again-thank you dachay2tnr
you always seem to come to my rescue.....:)

spacedye said:
I guess the other problem is the fact that the file im working on has a total length of 39:05.
I don't think so. Even with bigger picture-cache a 40 min long wave file will take some time to load. Just give it time. Sonar shouldn't have any problems with a 40 min long project...

i just increased the pic cache to 250 and when i opened up the big 40 minuter, it appeared as quickly as i opened it.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!:D
WOOOOHOOO!!!!!
i almost switched to pro tools................................:confused:

Back