Sonar 1.3 wont play but a second at a time.

Timanator

Hello all, I just bought Sonar 1.3 and installed it.

Was working on editing some MP3's and when you click play, it plays for about a second and stops, you have to click play again, then it will play another second.

Is there some kind of auto loop thats on?

Are you getting a dropout message at the bottom of the screen? It sounds like you may have your latency set too low.

Go to Options > Audio. ON the General tab you will see a section for Mixing Latency. Move the slider bar all the way to the right, and then click on the Wave Profiler button.

If that works OK, you can start to move the slider slowly back to the left to get a better latency setting. Do it a little at a time until you start having problems again, and then go back to the last trouble-free setting.

You might also need to increase your buffers as well. The default is 2. Try raising it to 3.

Hmmm
now when I try to export it to a MP3 is asks for a Unlock code for the MP3 converter? The package dosnt have anything like that in it, just cd's a book and serial on the back of the cd case.

Is this something I have to pay for again?

Yes, to use the Cakewalk MP3-thing you need to buy it, or upgrade it with the PA9 CD (just insert it when the installation asks for it).

Or you could try this free MP3 encoder for Cakewalk Sonar and HomeStudio. Just follow the instructions! :)

moskus said:
Yes, to use the Cakewalk MP3-thing you need to buy it, or upgrade it with the PA9 CD (just insert it when the installation asks for it).

Or you could try this free MP3 encoder for Cakewalk Sonar and HomeStudio. Just follow the instructions! :)

Moskus, You Rock!!!!

Now all is good, no more stupid pop ups that slows everything down to a craw and pestering me to buy more crap!!!!!

Back