Something to play for your significant other.

Jim Soloway

This is probably the most romantic song I know. This is the first ime I've tried recording it. Unfortunatley, because of the absurd arangement, it's ridiculously hard on my hands, so I can really only do it as a single take. It's not perfect, but I kind of like it.

Mr. Soloway!

Thats quite the lovely guitar tone you have going there.
Almost sounds like a seven string with a cable for the low B string:D

Very good all the way through.
It SOUNDS like quite a stretch for the hand!
Impressive work sir.

I like the STYLE of it.

Very nice guitar work. Is it just me or was it recorded at very low volume? I've got my volume all the way up and it still seems quite quiet.

I wanted to hear more of the guitar detail, reverb, etc, but it just wasn't coming through.

This is such a beautiful song, would love to hear it performed on a spanish guitar.

Very lovely jazz progressions... kinda Bowie-like vocs. Reminds me of those low-light rooms, glasses clanking... funky orange stained-glass lamps on the tables... kinda hear why your hands hurt after this... 9ths! :eek: ;)

All that's missing is the "CLAP CLAPP CLAP CLAPP *PHWHEEEEW* *PHREEEEEEWW* CLAP CLAP..." at the end.

participant said:
Very lovely jazz progressions... kinda Bowie-like vocs. Reminds me of those low-light rooms, glasses clanking... funky orange stained-glass lamps on the tables... kinda hear why your hands hurt after this... 9ths! :eek: ;)

All that's missing is the "CLAP CLAPP CLAP CLAPP *PHWHEEEEW* *PHREEEEEEWW* CLAP CLAP..." at the end.

You've just described most of the places I play these days complete with the funky glass lanterns . And yes, 9ths, some b9ths, some 11ths and some chords that cover all 7 strings at the bottom of the fingerboard. Even on a 6 string, this was a tough arrangement to play. On a 7 string with a 27 inch scale it's geometrically tougher.

And for Hevy, what you're hearing is a .072 guage string that looks like telephone cable tuned to a low A.

Back