Something I've been working on

Tried some. It's gone somewere around 120Hz.

tone.jpg

Thank you :D!

I think it's a guitar problem, that weird buzz ahah

Last edited:
Is it my ears? Or am i listening totally wrong? Or is it indeed "the annoying ~50 hertz hum" i hear? Low freq noise? It's not in "the cheap sound" or the "headache frequency".
Can't grab it exactly but some low tone is giving me an unpleasant feel. I would lowpass the guitar slightly or find that exact frequency.

The rest i like.

Vocaroo | Voice message

Is it better? I used a notch filter

I can't listen right now. No good sound available at this moment.

I said to lowpass before i grabbed the frequency. No lowpass.

Can't you slightly filter it out on the exact spot and tight?
I got it away without loosing bass. Done that filtering spot on, and only no more then needed. The downpeek to get it away wasn't even half of that in the image.

You can use a sharp EQ for it, or a specific band filter (don't remember the name right now).

I've redone it, for some reason the tempo is slower.

Vocaroo | Voice message

My main concern here is the tempo, is it ok? The lead / rythm part sound on rythm?

Btw, merry christmas!

I guess my question to this is....how are you mic'ing the guitar? Sounds to me like your really close to sound hole and getting a lot of boom from it. Try moving the mic farther away and you can try pointing it around 12th fret. I have also had good luck coming from over the top with my mic. Recording is a lot of experimentation...you will find the sweet spot with some trial and error. Remember "trash in, trash out"...start with a good source and THEN EQ it.

I guess my question to this is....how are you mic'ing the guitar? Sounds to me like your really close to sound hole and getting a lot of boom from it. Try moving the mic farther away and you can try pointing it around 12th fret. I have also had good luck coming from over the top with my mic. Recording is a lot of experimentation...you will find the sweet spot with some trial and error. Remember "trash in, trash out"...start with a good source and THEN EQ it.

Spot on, I'm recording just like you said ahah. Thanks for the advice!

Back