something i find odd about the "rules"

eeb

This section of the forum is ment to promote your music...

I find it odd that all of a sudden people aren't allowed to post things about their labels, marketing services etc.

I'm in a band and if someone has a new label that they want to tell us about i'd definately wanna hear about it.

That's kinda the point of having a marketing your music section i thought. To network with people that may be able to give you advice on how to get to where you wanna go. This includes design, labels, marketing companys, recording/mastering studios.

Obviously we don't want unrelated junk spamming this forum. I completely understand that..

but if no one can post about actual music business related things we should change the name of the forum to "promote your shows" or something.

Sorrry about the rant.. don't mean to cause problems.. just saying is all.

Hey! You're not a deposed Nigerian prince! What are you doing on my forum?!?

:D

Has there been backlash against people marketing things other than bands here? I hadn't noticed it.

This section of the forum is ment to promote your music...

I find it odd that all of a sudden people aren't allowed to post things about their labels, marketing services etc.

I'm in a band and if someone has a new label that they want to tell us about i'd definately wanna hear about it.

That's kinda the point of having a marketing your music section i thought. To network with people that may be able to give you advice on how to get to where you wanna go. This includes design, labels, marketing companys, recording/mastering studios.

Obviously we don't want unrelated junk spamming this forum. I completely understand that..

but if no one can post about actual music business related things we should change the name of the forum to "promote your shows" or something.

Sorrry about the rant.. don't mean to cause problems.. just saying is all.

You can discuss music, labels, business, designs, etc, etc, etc. What you can't do is come into the forums and advertise. We definitely encourage record labels and industry types to come here and share, but they have to be careful not to cross the line. And there are some who post regularly without any conflicts at all. Mindset comes to mind (sorry for the pun), as does MasteringHouse and Massive Mastering.

If a business or individual wants to advertise on the site, they can contact the site owners and buy space.

peace.

Back