Something Different

Kevlar

Well long story short I haven't "made music" in two years and part of that being i was in school finishing my degree the other part HIp hop has been oversaturated and I was sick of it. I was playing this random cd at work and one of my old songs was on it and people were like "whos this" I was like "me" and they didn't belive me at first but they became believers when i recieted it. So now i'm back to start my other passion (my first being food i'm a chef if u couldn't put it together) but i wanted to get an honest critique on one of my songs seeing as HR has many honest and very helpful people. So here it is and trust me anything u say won't hurt my feelings I love what i do i just want to see if others like what i do as much as I do.

LInk http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=142182

the song is the third one down and it's titled " forgot About you" if u listen to the story u will understand it more and the concepts i'm playing on.

I will review other peoples aswell please post links okay guys? thanks

peace,

Kevlar

You'll have to accept, from the outset, that I'm no hip hop/rap fan. Grandmaster Flash's 1st big single was about as far as I managed to get into.
This is well made, your voice, meter, diction, are all great. The backing's pretty good too.
I must say that the early & frequent use of swearing puts me off listening too close. Yeah, I know. I'm not into censorship per se. I just refer people to what is situationally appropriate. Obscenities are almost a given in your genre, but not exclusively so. I resorted to such myself but I left that sort of language behind consciously when I was 14. I realized that I was stunting my ability to communicate clearly & concisely by resorting to easy, brutal & eventually ineffectual coarseness.
If you've managed to read this far, you're obviously pretty much able to accept another point of view, thanks. I'll finish with congratulations on a top piece of work.

rayc said:
You'll have to accept, from the outset, that I'm no hip hop/rap fan. Grandmaster Flash's 1st big single was about as far as I managed to get into.
This is well made, your voice, meter, diction, are all great. The backing's pretty good too.
I must say that the early & frequent use of swearing puts me off listening too close. Yeah, I know. I'm not into censorship per se. I just refer people to what is situationally appropriate. Obscenities are almost a given in your genre, but not exclusively so. I resorted to such myself but I left that sort of language behind consciously when I was 14. I realized that I was stunting my ability to communicate clearly & concisely by resorting to easy, brutal & eventually ineffectual coarseness.
If you've managed to read this far, you're obviously pretty much able to accept another point of view, thanks. I'll finish with congratulations on a top piece of work.

Thanks for taking the time out to listen to my music Ray. I will first say I totally agree with you on the swearing point. Honestly in my professional life I never use foul language. In my personal life I have some slip ups, but it's not out of control. When it comes to hip hop it seems that the only way to grab peoples attention some times is to swear. The whole genre is suffering from this and I guess you could say i'm a follower in that category. I have made tons of songs without the swearing. "A letter to Mom:" and a few other political driven records,but I still haven't pushed myself to make all clean records.

Thanks Again,

Kevlar

Back