Somebody tell me how wack my tracks are.

REEK BROCK

MR. LAST WORD
Really I need that tough love so I can take it to the next level. I got some new tracks on my myspace page.Let me have it .I'll return feedback to anyone who wants it on their own projects.

yo man - stop trippin - u got some ;heat there - i like monstrous !!!!! now thats a blaze!!! its different - in a very cool way!
Gino is hot too - kinda feelz like that new vibe Jay Z was goin for . . . nada mala con esta!!!

reek you beats are not whack your style is diff. and thats why if you compare them to something else you may get a "whack" sense of mind...at least i do when i compare my beats to others and thats when i realized that no ones beats sound like mine and thats a good thing cuz it's a fresh sound that 1 day the labels might be looking for

all u gotta do 4 real is have an artist that can freak a few - when folks here how fresh an em cee can sound on it - then they will be like . . . damm who did that music?

LEAD EM TO THE WATER, THEN MAKE EM DRINK THE KOOL-AID

DesertEase said:
whack is bad like garbage watermelon
Gotcha. Thanks.
Lately I've been venturing outside of my usual genre...listening to old rock, jazz, and yes even a bit of rap and hip hop. And Reek Brock, I'm no expert, but from my limited experience I can say that you're tracks are not whack.

Musically you've got some talent and definitely loads of potential!
For me, a lot of your beats are a little too "synth" sounding and your drums are very clockwork. Try learning some more humanising tricks in your beats to add some variation. As far as the horns go, old big band and orchestra records are solid gold! It may take a while of beat digging to find exactly what you're looking for to fit the track but when you do it'll be very much worth it. For me I think you have to be really careful when putting horns in your beats because if they're too synth then they tend to sound cheezy.

But hey, that's just my opinion :D Keep bangin out beats bro!
Ench

Last edited:
you're a lil heavy on the reverb on most your tracks which can work fine, but if all those tracks were on the same album it would put me off. Nice stuff tho' for the most part

Back