Some sort of recording device.

tom5

Hey guys, I'm new to recording. I would like to know if there is something that can be attached to a mixer that I could record a song straight to. I'm not sure of whats out there...and i'm thinking it sounds like a job for a multitrack recorder? I'm not sure, i was hoping someone could help me out.

Cassette.

DAT

ADAT

Vinyl

Hard drive

CDR

DVDR

Minidisk

Wax cylinder

Reel-to-reel

Digital camera

VHS

I can't think of any more.......

How about the computer you are using right now???

What's it got for a soundcard???

Post some specs. RAM, HD size and speed, etc.

Thank you guys very much for your replys..i really appreciate it. I'll give you my scenario... Its not really for home use, its for a studio use. We've got some sessions coming up that we would like to record, these are live sessions over the universities' radio station. THey don't allow us to record radio shows, so the only way is to get something to record onto so wee can convert it to mp3 or something to put into the computer and post up on the website.

They won't give you a stereo feed off their board???

That would be best- right onto a hard drive via a decent soundcard.

They gotta have an ADAT or a portable 2-track PCM recorder like a Sony or something laying around there you could get a digital master off of.

Get a CD/R recoreder or something like that... (Alesis Masterlink? HHB?)

If you're using a soundboard, use an AUX send pr bus channel to send a signal to the recorder and hit record while in session. Then take the burnt CD and rip it on your computer and then you can upload the MP3...

If you can't do that, get a good stereo reciever, and when the show's on the air do the same thing...just get someone to hit record while the show's on using the reciever to go into the CD recorder.

Jacob

That compressed FM signal is gonna sound like ass. Even more after it's ripped to MP3.

c7sus said:
That compressed FM signal is gonna sound like ass. Even more after it's ripped to MP3.

Probably...But if they can't use the studio's mixer what else are they gonna do?

jacob

Back