Some Smooth Jazz Guitar

Very nice!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Great axe playing. I really like the tone of the distortion.

You're right, I love it!!

Around 1:20 it starts to buzz a bit on my monitors and my phones up till around 1:36.

TRUE :) :) :)

thegatekeeper said:
the drums are sampled and I didn't really work on it, just looped it, so I think that's the weakest link
I committed on the guitars because they stood out in the mix...it would really sound great if you could put some real drums to it. I edited my post above by the way on a couple of things.
True :)

I'm a drummer primarily, and I was just waiting to pick up some drum mics, I finally got them and plan on adding some drums this week after I get a headphone extension cable...hehe and I did think it was a little to bass heavy on that section, but I left the way it was, I'll change it soon. These damn 824's sound like there's no bass!@@!@!@ argh!!!!

dude, if you want a drum to lay down a light groove for you, i would be really happy to do it, i love playing to guitar like that. That guitar is sick mate! love it

Wicked tune man. THe guitar, as said above, sounds excellent. I also thought the drums sounded a little off, but I was soon to find out that the drums were just looped. I agree that you should get some real drums in there, cause that is a great track!

What would you guys tell if you that the guitars were processed using guitar rig. Does it sound like that? And can anyone hear the pad in the background? There's a pad from beginning to end. Going to record the drums over the weekend and if the dude who wants to add drums is still interested send me a pm with your email I'll send you the track.

Ressurection Of An Old Thread

Can anyone else comment on these performances. The first song is a rap song, in portuguese. The other two of which I would appreciate more a response are guitar based tracks. Recorded "In the Basement!"

I'm not a rap kind of person, so I'll pass on that, but the smooth jazz thing sounded pretty cool. I really don't think of distorted guitar when I think of smooth jazz though. Kind of a different feeling to the music with it.

Can't really say to much about the mix. I'm not on the music computer. I refuse to hook it up to the internet.

Back