Some questions for you recording gurus

System_Failure

I'm setting up a small recording/vocal booth room next to my control room. I have two questions:

1. There is a flouresent light in the room, I'm getting rid of it cause I can hear the 60 cycle hum, but what should I put in instead?

2. The floor is like a patio, large 11x11" stones. Will this present a problem and what should I do if it does?

thanks for your time and try not to get to complicated, 14 year olds only know so much!:)

The floor shouldn't be a problem, put a rug over it if you feel it will help. I've never liked fluros, we are using halogen, but normal should be OK....how about some nicely placed lamps.

cheers
john

Is the flourescent light on the ceiling? If so, where the power comes through for the existing light, just put a nice track light. I'm putting all track lighting in my studio, I LOVE it.

The floor... I've never thought about whether or not stone would be good to use, but I don't see anything wrong with it. We're leaving our floors hard concrete, so I don't see much differece there.

Later,
-Brian

Oh, and if you decide you want dimmers (for mixing in the dark?) make sure that you get the "no-hum" kind - standard dimmers make your lights really annoying.

-cdr

Back