Some photos of my studio construction

Thanks guys. I'm glad you all like what I've got going on down in my little dungeon.

And man, if your wife is yelling at you to start building a recording studio in your house, feel blessed!!! :D Most wives would be saying "Stop talking about building a recording studio and get real! We've got kids and bills to think about!" Sometimes I need a little encouragement to get back downstairs and build. It's WAY too easy to get lazy.

And by "drinks" I'm not only referring to ones of an alcoholic nature. Soda, water, sports drinks, all fall into that catagory as well. I actually prefer NOT to drink alcohol during band practice. It just so happened that I had a beer as I took that picture. :) Nothin' wrong with that man.

Most of the people I let into my house don't get crazy stupid when they drink. I've weeded out the good people to be friends with. I'm left with what some people might call the arian race of friends. :D j/k

It's WAY too easy to get lazy.
:eek: :D I hear that. But I have managed to move a door, and frame in the tape machine soffit/closet. Whew! Every once in a while you need an incentive. Like a new piece of gear :p My latest is an Ampex 440B. Now I'm REALLY jazzed to finish this room. Alas, my folks are coming in June and my wife has a "honeydo" list a mile long. #1 is remodleing a bathroom :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :( AARRRRGGRRRRRRR!!

I've got the first of many video clips up on youtube showing construction in my studio. This is kind of a random one and I put it together to see what kind of attention it might get. Really, it's stupid and pointless... :) but there will be really good ones to come.

EDIT: DUH!! I forgot the link. I'm a moron. https://youtube.com/watch?v=RiCmjdgvHoU

Last edited:
Back