Some nice help would be loved

Crapmaster

I have been researching for a few months just about all this home recording and stuff and i realize now what i want to do i just need help on the equipment i need. What i want to do is use my computer to record songs and music. But i want to program drums with a sequencing program in which I can use real sounds to program and then record guitar and bass tracks over that so i can create demo songs so i can give the drums to a real drummer to work on. I understand you cannot get a "real" drum sound and feel from the computer but you sure can get your ideas across for a whole band with these capabilities. Any suggestions would be great.

Here's what you'll need:
1. a good soundcard (perhaps the audiophile 2496)
2. a preamp for guitar and bass (I'd suggest the V-amp 2 since it is cheap, yet very versatile and decent)
3. a drum sequencer (Fruity Loops is considered one of the best)
4. recording software (Cubase, Cakewalk, Cool Edit Pro...)
5. a monitoring system (Depending on your budget and the quality you want your mixes to have you could use anything from computer speakers or a stereo system to decent monitors, real monitors are highly recommended though)

As for sequenced drums; if you do it right and use the right samples you can get a pretty 'real' drum sound, even up to the point where it is hard to tell wheter the drums are real or programmed.

(You'd probably get more help if you posted your thread in the 'Computer Recordings and Soundcards' forum or the 'Newbies Section'.)

thanks SOOOO!!!! much

Hey thanks a lot for your help. I think fruity loops may be the solution to my problem. Do you by any chance know of any other good drum sequencing programs?

There are others (check the 'Drums and Percussion' Forum), but I'm sure Fruity Loops would be the best buy and the most used.
(I use it myself :))
You could also use midi drums.

Back