Some new rock, metal, punk (whatever) tunes!

lomky

We just finished our CD and they have finally made it available on Itunes! This is my first album on Itunes so I'm pretty excited.

http://www.myspace.com/prisonercinema

The entire Album was DIY, I did send the tracks out for mixing and mastering though.

Some Techy info:
Kick was a D4 through a Millenia Pre
Snare top was a 57 through a Chandler TG-2
Snare bottom was an old senheiser through a Chandler TG-2
Overheads, 414 through the Chandler again (kinda had a theme going here)
Toms, 421's through some Digitechs
Bass, RE27 through the A&H board+one Radial DI and a Sansamp DI
Guitars were recorded direct with a Radial and reamped by our mixing engineer
Vocals were SM7 through a Chandler

All Layout and cover design was designed by my wife.
Photography was done by our singers wife.

Sorry for the crappy myspace links, I can't access any file sharing site from work :( I guess I should get back to work!

Nice clean, clear sound. Don't know how much was cleaned up in the mastering stages but this sounds nice. This is just a preference more than a critique...i think the snare could be a little more cracky and less "tubby/boxy" Again a preference as this is very well done. Nice job!!!!

Nice clean, clear sound. Don't know how much was cleaned up in the mastering stages but this sounds nice. This is just a preference more than a critique...i think the snare could be a little more cracky and less "tubby/boxy" Again a preference as this is very well done. Nice job!!!!

Hey thanks! We had a VERY good mixer/masterer on this, he did both.

It's actually the snare itself, it is a very deep brass snare, there isn't much crack there! All drums are real, no sampling was done on these.

The sound is great regardless. Everything is nice. I personally like to sample drums out of ease and sound quality, but this is stellar especially for being a true acoustic drum setup. Again nice job. If you get a chance i got a song up on here, it's a cover but let me know what you think of the quality of the mix, and performance. Thanks

I'm not crazy about those mixes. I love punk and hard rock, and your music is being done a disservice with these sub-par mixes. The bass is muddy. The kick it present but it sounds boxy. I think they could be way better. It's like whoever mixed this spent all of their time on vocals and guitars, and gave the drums and bass only halfassed attention.

Back