Some mindless/artsy hard rock

Hey guys. Any comments you have on the song/mix are welcome. I am the singer and rhythm guitarist. We recorded this at my project studio which I just finished building. Drums were tracked live with 2x SM81's on the OH, Audix i5 on snare top, sm57 snare bottom, Audix D2 on the rack toms, Audix D4 on the floor tom, and an Audix D6 on the kick. Rhythm guitars were my Egnator Vengeance head through my custom Avatar cab with Celestion Vintage 30's. Miced with an Sm57 right at the paper/cone junction, about 1 1/2 inches away. Also through my Audix D4 on the speaker edge. Bass was just tracked DI.

As for the song, it's nothing ground breaking, but I'm proud of how the finished product turned out. Thanks a lot for listening and enjoy your weekends!

burningbridges - New Song7-20 - Tindeck MP3 Download

slick work

This sounds very good to me, performance and production are tight and thick. I like the mix and things seem positioned nicely. I did notice the vocal fall out some leading into the first chorus, and I would prefer to hear the backing vocals a little higher in the chorus because they sound like they have something to add. I really like the guitar ornamentation during the verse, but would like the lead guitar higher in the second half of the song where it starts to tear off on it's own. Really a great job and a good song.

Um, yeah, so right from the beginning it was apparent that one can only nitpick with a mix like this. So... I listened and waited to hear something to nitpick about. And... I got nothing. I think anything I would suggest would only be a matter of personal taste.

Good job all around. Radio ready as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with the above. Sounds like a finished and polished track to me. Something I could have heard in the car on my way to work this morning.

This sounds very good to me, performance and production are tight and thick. I like the mix and things seem positioned nicely. I did notice the vocal fall out some leading into the first chorus, and I would prefer to hear the backing vocals a little higher in the chorus because they sound like they have something to add. I really like the guitar ornamentation during the verse, but would like the lead guitar higher in the second half of the song where it starts to tear off on it's own. Really a great job and a good song.

You're spot on about that lead guitar. I never was quite able to get it to sit right. I tracked that part with two mics - a 57 up close and an oktava mk219 from about 2 feet away, and neither of the mics sounds that great, so I struggled trying to place it in the mix.

And thanks everyone for listening, I really appreciate it!

Back