Solo Shmolo.......(Video)

R

RAMI

Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the "Video" section. It's not really a music video. Just me fucking around on the drums

Thanx man. I just threw my camera on a chair and started recording. It's funny how important lighting and camera angles are. That video makes me look 20 years older than I am. :eek:

I also forgot that I never play my first tom when I'm recording because I don't have a mic on it. That's why there's that one tom that sounds really weak and distant compared to the others.

I can't do any of that. So what's the mindset behind a raging drum solo like that? Do you just string a bunch of flamadoodles and razzamatazz rudiments together?

I can't do any of that. So what's the mindset behind a raging drum solo like that? Do you just string a bunch of flamadoodles and razzamatazz rudiments together?

It's hard to say. It's pretty random. I guess it's the same as a painter just doodling? A couple of beats, a couple of rolls that lead into other rolls, etc...There's really no thought put into it. It's really just sitting down and fucking around. The rudiments and all that stuff just happen because I've practiced them over and over. But I'm not thinking ahead saying "OK, now I'm going to combine a paradiddle with a 4 stroke ruff and go into a flam".

I haven't played like that in over 2 or 3 years. I'm usually only playing if I'm writing/recording a song, or teaching. Drum solos bore me to death, so even this 3 minutes is more than enough for me.

I only did this because I have no record of me just playing the drums. I probably won't "solo" again for another 20 years. :D

Well it was pretty great. I'm no fan of drum solos, guitar solos, any solos, but that was pretty cool to see someone I know just knock it out like that.

Well it was pretty great. I'm no fan of drum solos, guitar solos, any solos, but that was pretty cool to see someone I know just knock it out like that.
Thanx man. It is cool to see people that we talk to but never see. More people should post videos of themselves, even just screwing around on their axes.

Seeing you play is nice RAMI. having heard you lots and seen maybe 1 vid (Too Pretty for...& that may have been a caricature - can't remember & the vid isn't there around more.) it is cool to see you hitting what I've heard. Nice kit - and , naturally, really solidly played.

Fuck, while I'm at it. Might as well post this again. :D Add a few views to the 53 it already has. :laughings:

Seeing you play is nice RAMI. having heard you lots and seen maybe 1 vid (Too Pretty for...& that may have been a caricature - can't remember & the vid isn't there around more.) it is cool to see you hitting what I've heard. Nice kit - and , naturally, really solidly played.

Thanx Ray. Wow! "Too Pretty for P0rn" is a looooong time ago. That video was put together by that DWillis dude who we haven't seen around here in years. I sent him 2 or 3 pictures of me and he combined them with other stuff and made a pretty funny video out of it.

Last edited:
Too pretty for p0rn. Yup, I remember that one too. I dont remember the vid, but I definitely remember the song.

Nice Rami, very nice, I was listening to the drum tracks you sent me a week or so ago, & realized you didn't play your ride cymbal in any of 'em, so now I can fully ape the "Rami-Stein Kit"...:D.

Sounds great man!!!!!

Nice Rami, very nice, I was listening to the drum tracks you sent me a week or so ago, & realized you didn't play your ride cymbal in any of 'em, so now I can fully ape the "Rami-Stein Kit"...:D.

Sounds great man!!!!!
That's true, I don't use it often. I do like the sound of it, though. It's a heavy, dead ride cymbal. My beat actually stumbles and falls apart a bit when I play the ride in this clip, so don't use the groove if you're going to sample it. :D

Holy shit dude! fuckin awesome. I just emailed the link to a couple of drummer friends just to piss em off! :D
Thanx Ak. This shouldn't piss anyone off. If someone wanted to nit-pick, it wouldn't take a lot of effort to find big flaws and parts that I screw up in the groove. It was literally sit down and play without any thought to what I was going to play. :)

Two good vids RAMI. 2 GREAT tracks.
Thanx Ray. :cool:

I watched a special on Kansas awhile back, one of the guitar players was doing a finger picking exercise just messing around to warm up, his wife heard it and told him he needed to do something with it. he took it to the band and it turned into Dust in the wind. :thumbs up:

I watched a special on Kansas awhile back, one of the guitar players was doing a finger picking exercise just messing around to warm up, his wife heard it and told him he needed to do something with it. he took it to the band and it turned into Dust in the wind. :thumbs up:

That's pretty cool. "Dust in the Wind".

Maybe I can call this "Rami in the Ass". :eek:

Back