Solid Body Midi Guitar

Claudio

Hi to all.
I´m searching for a solid body midi guitar (with strings...).
It does´nt seems to be a lot of this products to compare.

Maybe some of you had/has experience in such field.
I saw the "You Rock Guitar" but it looks , at the first impression,
more like a toy.....dont know.
I need a midi guitar only to input to a sequencer software and then
use the signal into vsti.
Please give me a piece of advise.

Thanks a lot

Best regards from Claudio.

I got to play the yourockguitar prototype to review it. The prototype what shit. I don't think they fixed any qualms I had about it. It's really good for playing chords and individual notes, but that's about it.

I got to play the yourockguitar prototype to review it. The prototype what shit. I don't think they fixed any qualms I had about it. It's really good for playing chords and individual notes, but that's about it.

Thought so.....

Any other help/idea/tip ???

Godin Guitars

You'll need a synth pedal too, something like.....
GR-55 :: Products :: Roland

The roland pedals come with a synth pup that you can add to an existing guitar.

I have a Roland GR-30 guitar sinth.
The problem with it is that i can´t get a decent configuration
in midi issue.
That´s why i´m searching for a better alternative.
I saw something about the Fishman Triple Play Wireless but i´m not
sure neither convinced.
Thanks.
Claudio

I have a Roland GR-30 guitar sinth.
The problem with it is that i can´t get a decent configuration
in midi issue.
That´s why i´m searching for a better alternative.
I saw something about the Fishman Triple Play Wireless but i´m not
sure neither convinced.
Thanks.
Claudio

When you say you cant get a decent configuration what do you mean? It wont track fast enough? You cant get the GR30 to connect to VST via MIDI?

When you say you cant get a decent configuration what do you mean? It wont track fast enough? You cant get the GR30 to connect to VST via MIDI?

I must studie if it´s better to use the GR-30 in polyphonic or in monophonic (1 ch X string).
Now i´m using poly and sometimes the notes "fly away" from the tune,i dont know how to configure the midi system to use the GR-30 as an input to Cubase or any other sequencer.
I always try to search for anything for use it as a midi input to use it with Vst but first of all,i must have a decent midi configuration.

Any help is welcomed.

Best regards from Claudio

I must studie if it´s better to use the GR-30 in polyphonic or in monophonic (1 ch X string).
Now i´m using poly and sometimes the notes "fly away" from the tune,i dont know how to configure the midi system to use the GR-30 as an input to Cubase or any other sequencer.
I always try to search for anything for use it as a midi input to use it with Vst but first of all,i must have a decent midi configuration.

Any help is welcomed.

Best regards from Claudio

Not sure about the poly/monophonic. I have the GR-20 and it works great with the godin. I think the aftermarket pickups are a little harder to "dial" in. Also no mater what the setup if you are playing notes on lower end like an open "A" there is a noticable lag just because of the lower frequency. I try to play everything above the 5th fret. you can always transpose it.

As far as hooking into cubase i've done it with a midi sport 2x2 and through a presonus firestudio both with satisfactory results so it could just be how you have it set up. It can be a bit of a PITA.

Back