Sold my PT TDM rig!

Downside Studio

Yep, it defenitly gone....it served me well, but I saw no future in expanding it...so I sold it and bought Nuendo...with MOTU converters...

See how that's going to be in practical use..

Ahh it will be a good switch. I have the same setup and i love it. But there might be a 50% chance you will go back to PT. They both have pros and cons with them i think.

Danny

i don't see any cons going to nuendo.. and if its nuendo 2.. there shouldn't be any cons, to me. i use nuendo 2.
what motu are you using?

Yeah, got 2.0

with the 2408 MKIII....will add other converters later..but still have 5x Tascam DA recorders running. so the 2408 was perfect for the TDiff connections..
Is going on G4, but hopefully soon the G5

I really want to hear the difference between a supposedly super nice converter and just a regular like the Motu 2408mk3. I noticed a difference from my delta 44's of course, but its hard to imagine how they can really sound "better". They seem pretty tight and they do the job. It would be really cool to hear a super nice converter and see what the big deal is with them.

I have definately considered upgrading the clock. It surprises me that you would have to do that though. You would think if they were gonna build it they would do it right. Maybe i just need better explaining of why this helps because in most peoples opinions the clock really does help.

Danny

Back