Software Triggering?

wishtheend

Not sure if thing exists, but is there any sort of software, or plugin that will allow me to trigger a sample? Basically, I'm running the firepod and get just the kick track. I can set the noise gate so that only the kick is played and thought there might be some way of triggering a sample to that kick. I'm not sure if this will require extra steps that might involve other pieces of software, but I still would like any help you guys give.

Thanks in advance.

drumagog is probably what we'd call the "standard" for drum replacement plugins...however, it's nearly 300 bucks, if you're just considering the bass drum, there's a free and very simple software that acomplishes exactly what you need. The key word, SIMPLE, don't expect to use it on snare drum and have it sound good. It works great just for bass drum, because typically bass drum is straight forward with only 1 type of sound to trigger.

It's called "DrumTrig" and here's the link to download it for free:
http://www.stormrecordingstudio.co.uk/VST.htm

hope that gets the job done for ya

Excellent! That free plugin worked like a charm. Took some experimenting of where to put it in the plug-in chain and messing with the controls, but it came out perfectly. I might be intresting in that Drumagog, but like you said, so damn expensive. :D

Thanks again guys!

Back