software recomendations

Senor Cactus

Hi. I'm looking for a decent waveform editor for PC that can Normalize. On the Mac I've used Sound Designer and Peak but I don't know of good ones for PC. The main feature I'm looking for is normalizing.

Anyone got any recomendations?

--Cactus--

First I'll just say that normalization is typically not something that's often done. I don't want to imply anything, but just be sure to understand the concepts of normalization, compression, and limiting before you go off normalizing everything to 0, which is something that newbies often do (i did it). Now you might not be a newbie and you might know exactly what you want to do...I'm not trying to be rude.

That said, try goldwave at http://www.goldwave.com . It's shareware and pretty good. Almost all wave editors will have a normalization feature if they're worth a darn, since it's so very easy to implement. Other good but more expensive editors would be Soundforge and Wavelab (my fav).

Slackmaster 2000

I've been using Cool Edit 2000 for wave editing on my PC. It's rather full featured for a 'lite' version, and you can demo it before you buy. I think it runs for $70.

-Shaz

Go Sound Forge 5.0 (or lite) - it may be expensive but its worth it (Mars has it for $199, dunno what the lite version costs but its probably ~60)

Back