software question

choy

Hi

I would like to ask what recording software can do a mixdown while playing back multi tracks recorded in a software. for instance , i use Cool edit pro i recorded 4 tracks in multi track mode then i want to mix it down while playing back the audio. So far what i experienced using Cool edit it can mixdown only when the audio is stopped. thanks

I guess you could manually mix down to two tracks. Just arm two blank tracks to record, one left and one right.

I just play my mixes over and over until I have them set just right, then I mix them down...no need to hear it.

i don't know anything about cool edit .

do you think something with automated mixing , which you could be saved as a project file, and then as stereo or 5.1 or mp3 , would do the trick?

Lots of software can mixdown while playing back. I know both n-Track and Vegas Pro do it. I'm suprised Cool Edit doesn't, but really this isn't something that a person needs to do very often, since DAW recording is 100% automated.

An option for you might be to run a small patch cable from your soundcard's output to its input, then record a new stereo track as you're playing back. Of course this means that your audio is going through two conversion steps, but depending on what you're doing, it might be ok.

Slackmaster 2000

hi Thanks guys for your help and response. Glad to say that i already found a way to deal with it. The reason why i want to mix down while playing back is that i can adjust the trim,the equalization, effects through my outboard mixer while mixing down all the tracks recorded. something i cant do in cool edit. i use two computers. One as the recorder and the other one is for mixdown.

Back