Software Limiters

@Massive Master, Gclip isn't a limiter, I wouldn't use it as one. It's a great plugin though.

My favorite limiters would be L1 and ozone's mastering limiter.

Technically, neither is the L1 or Ozone's limiter -- They're brick-wall "thou shall not pass" limiters. Infinite-to-one. G-Clip just allows for much less damage (IME).

:eatpopcorn: and chip & dip
Dude - I just got back from the store... I picked up one of those pre-packed imitation lobster meat things (in the refrigerated meat section - one of those resealable bags) just for shites & grines.

Boy, you pop a bit of that into a little bowl, nuke it for 30 seconds and plop a little pay of butter on it and you'd never know, you know?

The funny part is that I was going to get some chips - I wound up with a whole carry-basket of stuff (including the fauxbster, which ironically, contains lobster meat) and forgot the chips.

Meh...

Dude - I just got back from the store... I picked up one of those pre-packed imitation lobster meat things (in the refrigerated meat section - one of those resealable bags) just for shites & grines.

Boy, you pop a bit of that into a little bowl, nuke it for 30 seconds and plop a little pay of butter on it and you'd never know, you know?

The funny part is that I was going to get some chips - I wound up with a whole carry-basket of stuff (including the fauxbster, which ironically, contains lobster meat) and forgot the chips.

Meh...

lol I love chip & dip. Lays and french onion dip mmmm. never tried that master im gonna have to check it out.

Well, the goal of the limiter is to set a maximum level. Whether that level is "as loud as possible" or if it's to prevent clipping is another story... But otherwise, yeah.

I used a limiter this afternoon to keep a recording as dynamic as possible... Turned out I didn't even need it (as the incoming signal never reached the set point of the limiter), but it was still as "security at the gate" --

Back