Software Instrument Trials?

pianoman1976

I am short on inspiration and funds at the moment. I would love to have some new sounds to play on my piano, even if for a short period of time. Are there any trails or free/share ware software instruments, either acoustic piano or classic EP that are available for download that will work on my Mac?

Thanks.

I am short on inspiration and funds at the moment. I would love to have some new sounds to play on my piano, even if for a short period of time. Are there any trails or free/share ware software instruments, either acoustic piano or classic EP that are available for download that will work on my Mac?

Thanks.

http://www.pianoteq.com/

Its a software instrument that is a mathematical model of a piano (so they claim) rather than a sample. Hence the file size is small.

It sounds pretty different to be honest. Missing all the room acoustics and a lot of harmonics, but its good fun to try. Certainly got a lot of future potential.

Thank you both. I have a Mac so the Proteus software is not an option. The pianoteq is interesting - yet I see what you're saying about the sound. Kinda' flimsy. I can't imagine someone paying for this. Cool concept though.

:)

Back