Software for drum-patterns creation

neon glow

I'd love to be sitting with my laptop, in the headphones, sipping earl gray tea, writing drum notes on staff, or filling squares in a sequence, or anything. You know. In a convenient drum-pattern creation program. I do not need to have the drum sounds, it can be simple crappy built-in midi noises. Later the complete pattern will be played through the Battery2, and I will map the nice sounding set correctly. My laptop is almost not optimized for music, but it can be used to create drum patterns for sure. ( i make music on desktop) In any case, the creation process should be convenient, and software should be simple and inspiring. I'd also like to have as much freedom as possible (different velocity, etc). What software would you suggest to use to create drum patterns? I heard Fruity Loops has nice drum creation tools, but when I tried it, I thought it's not the best i could find... Is there good software to create the drum patterns? Any opinions/preferences?

P.S. If this software has sampler built-in, of course it would be even better to work with the intended set instead of using crappy microsoft midi sounds.

Back